FOOD PANTRY AT VILLAGE HALL
Help Your Neighbor food pantry is available at Village Hall in the west vestibule by the parking lot. The door is always open for you to come in and pick up food. There are bags under the table to place food into.
Thank You to all that have donated so far to help your neighbor! People are benefiting from your generosity. To donate non-perishable food items, there is a collection box in the entry by the Kohler Post Office.
FROM CLERK/TREASURER LAURIE LINDOW www.kohlervillage.org
Village Meetings Scheduled for July
7/9 Planning Commission 4:30 pm
7/13 Property Committee 5:30 pm
7/13 Finance Committee 6:00 pm
7/20 Village Board 6:00 pm
All meetings are held at Kohler Village Hall, 319 Highland Drive, unless otherwise indicated.
2nd Installment Real Estate Tax Payments
If you didn’t pay your real estate taxes in full, the second installment of your tax bill is due July 31, 2020. Payments can be made in person at the Sheboygan County Treasurer’s Office, 508 New York Avenue, Sheboygan. If paying by mail, the payment must be post marked on or before July 31, 2020, checks or money orders only, payable to the Sheboygan County Treasurer, 508 New York Avenue, Sheboygan, WI 53081. Second installment payments cannot be accepted at the Village of Kohler Clerk/Treasurer’s Office. If you have any questions regarding payment of property taxes, please call the Sheboygan County Treasurer’s Office at 920-459-3015.
Partisan Primary, Tuesday, August 11
The polling place is located in the Kirkpatrick Center at the Kohler Village Hall, 319 Highland Drive, and will be open from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Will you need an Absentee Ballot mailed to you for the Partisan Primary (August 11) or the General Election (November 3)? To request an Absentee Ballot go to
myvote.wi.gov, email email@example.com, or call 920-459-3873. If voting absentee by mail, a copy of photo ID must be included with the application for an absentee ballot. Absentee voters are also required to show a photo ID to vote when voting in the Village Offices.
When returning your absentee ballot, make sure you sign under the Certification of Voter (on the return envelope) and have an adult U.S. Citizen witness your signature and write their address where indicated. If any of this information is missing your ballot cannot be counted.
FROM POLICE CHIEF SHAWN SPLIVALO
The Kohler Police Department would like to welcome its two newest members. Officer Patrick Eadie and Officer Jose Mireles were both sworn in on May 18, 2020. Both are recent graduates of Lakeshore Technical College with Associate’s Degrees in Criminal Justice.
Officer Eadie and Officer Mireles are currently in the Field Training Program and will enter the patrol division when their training is complete. If you see them out and about, introduce yourself and welcome them to the community.
FROM PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR BRETT EDGERLE
Mulch is available for $10 per yard plus tax, delivered. Call 459-3873 to place an order. Deliveries are Fridays only.
Building Permits are required for all residential projects involving construction, heating, plumbing and electrical work that has a value greater than $1,000. Home additions, garages, accessory buildings, decks and other exterior modifications need Kohler Co. and Village of Kohler Plan Commission review. Visit our website at www.kohlervillage.org or call the Public Works Department at 459-3881 for more information.
GARAGE SALE SIGNS
One temporary “garage sale” or “for sale” sign shall be permitted on each lot.
Material must be neatly piled in four-foot lengths. The maximum diameter is six-inches. If a homeowner hires a professional arborist to trim or remove trees, the arborist must take the debris with them. If a resident performs the work themselves, the Village will remove the branches and limbs.
YARD WASTE MATERIAL
Garden Waste, edging material, brush, material with thorns and grassing clippings are to be placed in Yard Waste Containers. Residents are reminded not to use Plastic Bags in the Yard Waste Containers.
Only leaves in the fall are to be raked into the gutter.
NOXIOUS WEEDS/GRASS LENGTH
Per Village Ordinance 8.24, it is the duty of every homeowner to destroy all noxious weeds on their property before they go to seed. Examples of noxious weeds are Canadian thistle, English charlock, wild mustard, creeping jenny, goats beard and cotton-bearing trees. Also, grass that exceeds nine-inches in height is in violation of this ordinance. The Village gives a five-day notice to the homeowner to mow their grass. Otherwise, the Village will mow at the expense of the homeowner.
STORM WATER POLUUTION PREVENTION
It is a requirement of the Village of Kohler’s Storm Water Permit that the public be educated of harmful illicit discharges to the storm water system. An illicit discharge would be the dumping of any chemical, pet waste, or hazardous substance into the street or a storm basin inlet. The substance would eventually make its way into the Sheboygan River causing a pollution hazard. To report an illicit discharge, please call the Public Works office at 459-3881.
POTABLE WATER CROSS CONNECTION
CONTROL (BACKFLOW) PROGRAM
The Village of Kohler is required to execute a cross connection control (backflow preventer) program to eliminate potable water cross connections. Residential backflow preventers may be required on lawn irrigation systems, wet fire protection systems, hot water heating (boiler) systems, swimming pool fills, water features, etc. Backflow preventers may also be required if there is another water source on the site such as a well, pond, river, etc. Backflow preventers are the property of the water customer and the responsibility lies with the customer for annual testing and maintenance. The water customer must contract with a licensed tester to perform the required annual tests. Most local plumbers are certified to test backflow preventers.
The contractor hired to oversee Kohler’s backflow program is Aqua Backflow, a nationally-recognized firm located in Elgin, IL specializing in cross connection control management. Aqua Backflow can be reached at 847-742-2296 with any questions. Your Village of Kohler contact, Brett Edgerle, can be reached at 920-459-3881. All water customers will be contacted by Aqua Backflow at some point over the next two years to perform a site survey. Inspectors will be surveying your property to be sure that your water systems are protected from existing or potential cross connections.
The Kohler Cross Connection Control Program is designed to safeguard public health. We ask for your cooperation with our program, its enforcement, and any requests for access or information that come from Aqua Backflow or Village staff.
FROM RECREATION DIRECTOR SONJA HEINS
Recreation in Kohler is Back!
Kohler Camps **Registration has re-opened** campscui.active.com/orgs/VillageofKohler
- Yoga and Mindfulness is moved to July 6 – 9 at Lost Woods Park *New Location*
- Bring a mat, towel, sunblock/bug spray and a water bottle
- Camp Y-KODA remains on July 13 -17 at Ravine Park
- Princess camp remains on July 27 -30 at Village Hall
- T-ball will run from July 7 – 30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Lost Woods
- Bring mitt, sun block/bug spray and a water bottle
Outside group camps have changed:
- Compass Creative Dramatics is all virtual,
- Challenger Soccer is virtual or in Sheboygan,
- ** No Change**Lakeshore Soccer SKILLS is still August 3 in Lost Woods.
Kohler Pool will have limited access and programming. There are several new guidelines and protocols that will need to be adhered to.
- Water aerobics and Lap swim beginning within the next two weeks, with Pre-registration on Sign-up Genius. There is a limit of 12 per class.
- You can also call the Village office at 459-3873
- Both shallow and deep water will be available.
- Residents $2 and Non-Residents $4 per class
- Private Lessons will begin the week of June 29, $18 per 30-minute session
- Go to: recreation.kohlervillage.org, go to Swimming and click on Private lesson inquiry
- Youth Springboard Dive will begin July 6
- Registration: campscui.active.com/orgs/VillageofKohler
- Open Swim will begin July 11, 25 patrons per time slot with social distancing.
- Residents and School Choice families only
- 14 and over can sign up alone, Under 14 must sign up with a parent or guardian. If you are on the Deck or in the pool you need to sign up for a slot.
- Monday –Friday, two time slots available, Saturday and Sunday 3 slots available
- Monday-Friday: 1PM – 3PM, 3PM – 5PM
- Saturday/Sunday: 1PM – 3PM, 3PM – 5PM, 5PM – 7PM
- Time slots will run in 2-hour increments, 1.5-hour swim, plus sanitize time.
- Sign-Up Genius will open on Mondays for the up-coming Saturday –Friday time slots
- Watch for more information on our Facebook page.
The Kohler Bomber Trailer will be open adjacent to the pool deck beginning July 6.
- Packaged snacks and beverages will be available
The Doll Buggy Parade and the KPAL Swim meet have been canceled.
Pickleball Wednesdays 6:30 p.m. at Kohler Tennis Courts.
Hiking Tuesdays 9 a.m. Schedule: July 7 Willow Creek; July 14 Harrington Beach; July 21 Evergreen Park; July 28 Ice Age State Park.
Yoga & Tai Chi with Mike Thursdays 10 a.m. at Arboretum in Kohler (structure across from Woodland Cemetery).
Kayaking Wednesdays 10 a.m. Schedule: July 8 Kettle Moraine Lake; July 22 Elkhart Lake. Watch for email updates.
Bicycling Thursdays 9 a.m. Schedule: July 9 Evergreen Park; July 16 InterUrban Trail Oostburg; July 23 Mariner Trail Manitowoc; July 30 Point Beach State Park.
Potawatomi trip July 28.
Due to COVID-19 we will not be serving lunch until further notice. We will try to have one outdoor lunch every month, weather permitting.
- The Village Board approved the following items during their April 18th meeting:
- 2019 Village of Kohler financial statements.
- Operator’s licenses as presented
- Cigarette licenses as presented.
- Liquor and Beer licenses for Target Corp, Brinker Restaurant Corp, Emily’s LLC.
- April 2020 Revenue & Expense reports, bank reconciliation and journal entries.
- Bid to repair Public Works maintenance building roof to Oshkosh Industrial Roofing & Sheet Metal, LLC, $65,000.
- Alliant Energy invoice for $2,770.80 to supply electrical service to Village sign.
- AT&T quote to bury their line in conjunction with Alliant and Charter and implement work at the same time, cost not to exceed $43,000.
- Proclamation in Recognition of Fran Lemahieu on Assisting the Community.
- Building permit for signage for Taverne.
- Resolution 2020-4, Ratifying, Approving and Extending the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency in the Village.
- Authorized Village Representative to put together an agreement with the Kohler School District for discontinuance of a portion of Upper Road.