October 24, 2017—The public is invited to a public information meeting to learn more about and provide input for the upcoming reconstruction of County Highway PP from Highland Drive in Kohler to the Sheboygan River bridge.
Sheboygan County staff, Village of Kohler staff, Strand Associates, as well as Kohler Co. staff have been working on the preliminary design for the past year. The project will encompass a number of different items as listed below.
Primary Project Details
- Reconstruction/reconfiguration of Highland Drive/CTH PP intersection.
- Roundabout installation at the CTH A/CTH PP intersection.
- Creation of a linear greenway between Highland Drive and at least Esslingen Park that will include a multi-use trail.
- Roadway reconfiguration from 4-lanes to 3-lanes/2-lanes in appropriate areas.
- Reconstruction of a failing retaining wall that supports the roadway between Highland Drive and CTH A.
- Project limits at this time are Highland Drive east to the Sheboygan River Bridge.
A preliminary design is ready to share for thoughts, concerns and suggestions from the public. Staff from Sheboygan County, the Village of Kohler, and Strand Associates, the consultant performing the design, will be on hand to discuss the project, which is currently scheduled to begin in 2018.
Wednesday, November 8th, 2017
4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Kohler Village Hall
319 Highland Drive
Kohler WI 53044
A short presentation of the project will take place at 4:00 p.m. followed by an open format dialogue. Large format maps and exhibits will be available to review.
Any questions may be directed to Greg Schnell, Sheboygan County Transportation Director, at 920-459-3822.