The safety of our patrons and employees is a priority to the Kohler Public Library. We are working to stay on top of the evolving COVID-19 situation by following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), WI Department of Health Services and the Sheboygan County Health Department.
What is the Kohler Public Library Doing?
Our current procedure is to: 1) Prioritize the safety and health of our staff and patrons; 2) continue serving our community informational needs as best we can; 3) plan for any changing circumstances should they become apparent
Library Essential Services
The Kohler Public Library will be open to the public for essential services, beginning Monday, June 8, 2020. Essential services are limited to the following: checkout and return of library materials, essential public Internet and wireless access, and printing, and photocopying.
We are asking patrons observe some simple rules and procedures as we reopen:
- The wearing of masks is recommended. Some are provided at the desk.
- All persons, including staff members shall maintain a minimum of 6-foot physical distance from each other.
- All persons are asked to sanitize hands before entering the library, using the sanitizer provided at the door
- Please limit your visit to one hour per day
- If you are not feeling well or have cold or flu-like symptoms, we ask that you do not enter the library
Operational Information for you to know:
- The open hours of the library will be 10am-8pm Mondays, and 10am-5pm Tuesdays-Fridays.
- The hour of 9am-10am will be reserved for cleaning by the staff.
- Reserved items will be placed on a shelf in the entryway.
- You will have three ways to use the library:
- Come in a browse for items and check them out as before. Please limit your visit to one hour per day.
- Requested items will be checked out and placed on a shelf in the entryway. No need to come inside.
- Curb-side delivery is available between 9am-10am. Please call ahead for an appointment.
Next Steps: We will monitor the situation closely and make decisions based on recommendations from the CDC and County Health Departments. The intent of the Library is to continue to re-open incrementally through a conservative and careful approach. Additional services will be available through phases. Similarly, phases may revert, or the Library may close if at any time an elevated health risk is determined to exist.
As a public space, the Library cannot guarantee a germ-free environment or germ-free physical materials. Patrons agree to assume all risk and are personally responsible for their own safety when using the library. Please consider the risks of a public space when using the Library.